Thread: Servicing Woes
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 10:35 PM
GarageDragon

Default Servicing Woes

Well, my Husqvarna Viking Freesia was due it's first service (Stitch quality - and length - had begun to be a little variable, and I could see lint build up that I couldn't get to (I tried to get the housing off to have clean myself, but couldn't). Anyway, we're more than a little limited in my neck of the woods, so I ended up taking it in to the place where I'd had my daughter's machine sorted out (they appear to have done a good job for her, but it took about two months). Five weeks later I have my machine back - but something is not right! The machine seems really noisy now, and I'm also getting a clicking noise every time the needle goes up and down. I was also disconcerted to find oil in the bobbin area (the Freesia is self lubriating and - following the manual's instruction - I have assiduously not oiled. But perhaps when being serviced oil is added somewhere?). I don't know what to do! I was so relieved to finally have it back (I have been using my daughter's machine in the interim, but it is not the same - and I have a bag to make which her machine could not cope with). I know that the machines were sent off site this time around (last time I was told - repeatedly - that their engineer was unavailable, this time that they were waiting for a call to pick up the machines). Does it ever take a little time to 'bed' the machine in after a service? Does anyone know about the oiling issue?