View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 12:31 AM
Mickey2

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
...What do you think about using "gun scrubber" to clean off the old junk on the gears? I used gun scrubber on my 201-2 to clean off the old stuff, then applied singer grease to it. (There was a little left in the tube in the drawer, so I used it.) But the 201 gears are metal...
I don't dare to say yes with out hesitation since I have never used it. I looked it up and like the idea of having something that doesn't leave a trace after it's dried up, and ideal for oil as the next step. It says "synthetic safe" on the can, and a commercial says "safe for polymers". The problem is not all plastics are the same, but generally; worth trying, I don't see why not. I couldn't find a list of ingredients for it unfortunately.

I'm sure there are someone who knows about the Touch & Sew fancy bobbin winding functions and can help you sort it out. I have been curious my self, but haven't had my hands one yet. Some have a Touch & Sew as their favorite go to machine, they track down replacment gears and hand them in for service if something goes wrong, so I guess there's something too them

Last edited by Mickey2; 09-05-2016 at 12:37 AM.