View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 06:19 AM
Just Jan

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
Bedock sounds a little like runzas which is another polish or german thing. Its a meat pie made with ground beef, cabbage, onions and whatever seasonings you want baked in a bread dough. I keep changing my recipe each time I make mine and now add ground pork and shredded cheese inside. Also changed to pie dough and use these pie pans that have separate pie shaped slices so you can put a different filling in each wedge. Comes with a special wedge cutter so once baked its a sealed pie wedge to take with you. I make a big batch and freeze them to take one or two out at a time. I like throwing them into the oven for about 10 minutes if thawed instead of the microwave as they tend to get soggy otherwise. Nebraska has Runza Hut fast food joints but no where else have I found them, not even here in Iowa right over the border.
Thanks for the PM about the pan. I just purchased one on ebay. I love making things ahead to freeze. May have to buy a second pan. I wonder is I could wrap them up like Pigs in a Blanket and bake them in my over sized cup cake pans. I was also wondering if they could be reheated in a toaster oven instead of heating up the regular oven. hmmm