View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 11:56 AM
VernaL

Default Fancy Forest Block

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana View Post
I treated myself to the BOM Fancy Forest from Quilting by the Bay. It will be a real challenge for me as I don't consider myself a great piecer. I finished the first colorway of Allie the Owl yesterday and couldn't be more pleased. There are a LOT of pieces in her..........50+ in an 8 1/2 x 14 1/2 block. She measured spot on, but had a few areas where points could have been better. They oversized the strips so I could starch them before the final cutting, which helped with those pesky HSTs. What do you think? Only 7 more colorways to go for Allie.............
[ATTACH=CONFIG]557650[/ATTACH]
I have just finished enough blocks for the smallest quilt. I'm making it for my first great grand child coming in Nov. The owl block was the hardest. The eye alone has 10 pieces and I think the owl looks a little mean (but owls are birds of prey). I have to rework the antenna on the firefly. One is wider than the other. It is a little more work than I usually tackle, but I love the blocks. I am using a cream background and the animals are in various red and blue prints. I am looking forward to finishing it. Best of luck with yours. Your owl looks great.