Old 09-09-2016, 07:30 AM
bigsister63

My guild is having the same issue. This year new ideas are enter it in a guilt show either to be judged or just as a participate. Ask if you can mention on the card that this is a raffle quilt and list a contact number.
Other years we have put pictures in 2-3 local newspapers. Also sold tickets at LQS during shop hop.(sold $250 last year).
Our members will take it to quilt retreats.
I have checked into renting space in craft shows but many do not want "raffle " items. You maybe able to find a smaller show hast will accept the quilt. I also check with several store to see if we could be outside and sell tickets but struck out there also. You may have a local mom/pop store that will let you sell tickets.

I am going to check with other LQS to see if I can put a picture of the quilt and a flyer in the store. Not sure if will get good response but worth a try.

Also if a member works in a LQS she may be able to show quilt and sell ticket there.

Last year we had a selling contest but it did not seem to make much difference. But the prize was not very good- just charm squares. No contest this year

Also we give out tickets 4-5 mo ahead and that seems too long a time frame to sell tickets. Members often wait to the last minute to sell tickets.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!