Old 09-10-2016, 01:26 PM
Suz

Default What Happened to the Old Applique Club?

Several years ago, there was a healthy exchange of ideas, tips, tutes and photos using all kinds of applique. Everything was on applique. Someone along the way, named us the Applique Club. Let us start such an exchange again. Seemed like we talked everyday for months and months.

What is your favorite kind of applique as there are many many ways to do so? Have you appliqued an entire quilt top or atleast over half of the top? Have you done broderie purse and what did you learn from the experience? What is your current project?

For me, my favorite method is back-basting applique and needle-turn stitching. I like this method owing to accuracy in placement of the applique pieces. Hand applique also makes us very portable. Yes, I have done broderie purse and learned one important tip. My background piece was "tanish" or light. The fabrics I purchased to cut out the flowers and leaves were on darker background. Wrong!!! Next time I will choose the background to match so those little nooks and crannies along the edge of a shape will blend into the background. Right now I am working on a project that is lots and lots of leaf shapes. I am nearing the end of the blocks and will attempt to post a photo when ready.

Please let us exchange thoughts and ask more question that I have here. The answers lie within we quilters. Thanks.