Old 09-11-2016, 03:25 PM
tig522

Hi! I have the exact same machine as yours. Bought it back in the mid 70s and was given the wrong set of cams with it. I was wondering if you have the cams that go with yours and if you do , would you be willing to post a pic of them so I will know what ones i need to look for. Love that machine, toughest thing I own (and I have 6).

Originally Posted by pamibell View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]464942[/ATTACH]
Hello Everyone! I'm new to the world of vintage sewing machines but as I understand this is the place for me and my machine. I got my White Domestic 761 Automatic ZZ/SS (free) from my sister and popped it in a $40 stand off of kijiji. I heard from a fellow vintage machine enthusiast that it was made in 1954 in japan but there seem to be mixed opinions about that online. It has the large letters "GNS" cast into the bottom and "JZ 51637" on the side, if anyone out there is interested in finding more about it. I've been teaching myself to sew on it for 2 years, I love how simple it is and easy to find the problem if something goes wrong. It has a good motor on it that will push through almost anything. It was defiantly worth getting serviced and i hope it outlives me.
I love seeing all the old machines on this thread. I look at all 19 pages. Does anyone know of a database online where you can see old machines? Or maybe a good book on the market to help a young enthusiast get her bearings?