Old 01-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Bobbinwinder

Wow, my hat is definitely off to those of you who bottle fed fur babies and could give them up...I'm not that strong! I've taken on 6 of those in my lifetime...only one of which I couldn't save. I'm still the mother to two litter mate males...brothers on the order of Cain and Abel! I don't actually foster...I take them in and keep them...the last three weaned and starving kittens that showed up at the front door in the middle of the night were almost more than even I could deal with...but, I've yet to regret enlarging our family to accommodate them. I've adopted several rescued Eskimo Spitz dogs too... one had to be returned to it's Grandparents per our agreement because he couldn't make nice with our male...and one we had to find another home because she needed to be an only child/dog and she's the light of her new Mother's life now. We still have one and we have some of the most wonderful memories of the one that now waits at the Rainbow Bridge. So, one dog and six cats and a few box turtles...that's the family...they let DH and me do whatever we want as long as their wants and needs come first! Oh, one of those turtles is a road-smack victim that the vet patched with automotive bondo and handed off to us many years ago...a real miracle...several years of recovery similar to stroke re-hab...still not without handicap and incapable of living free, but happy and able to enjoy the company of the girls...lol...and I've got little ones to prove it! I can't imagine a life without the animals I've had the opportunity to love. My sincerest thanks to everyone that does anything to make life better for animals.