View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 04:24 AM
dray965

I too use a Bailey FMQ machine. It is the Bailey Pro 15. I've had mine several years and am perfectly satisfied. I was attracted to it because of my unwillingness to spend exorbitant prices for a hobby. Quilting is already expensive as it is, without spending multiple thousands on a machine. I started using my domestic which only had a 5" throat--waay to frustrating, but I plodded along for a while. Then I discovered the Baily and for about $1500 I had a great machine. I also bought the table that they have for it.

My baily is actually like a basic Janome on the inside, so my Janome man can take care of any issues that develop (none have). It also uses the same bobbins and bobbin case as my Bernina which is my domestic sewing machine. So I'm able to interchange them back and forth.

I also like that I can get to my bobbin without having to bend myself to see up under the table to change out my bobbin. My friend has an expensive Baby Lock in a sit-down table and to change out her bobbin, she has to bend into a pretzel to see up under there. It sews beautifully but hate where the bobbin is.

The downer on my Baily is that it doesn't have the height from the floor of the machine to the top of the throat, which limits my visibility somewhat. However, that is not enough frustration to make me spend 6,000 as opposed to my !,500 I paid for my Bailey.

A plus is that I can also Free-motion embroider on it. I love that. One way I use it is that I don't make labels. I just FM-Embroider them. That way, I don't worry about anyone removing the label and claiming my quilts. No way are they going to rip out all those stitches. LOL

For most quilts I simply put MRay2016 hidden somewhere on the quilt and forgo any label. Of course, the 2016 trades out for whatever year it is.

Last edited by dray965; 09-13-2016 at 04:28 AM.