Old 01-30-2010, 03:55 PM
marty_mo

We search for the right fabric, the right pattern and put many hours into the creation of a quilt that we are so proud to give to a beloved or a friend. Just because we put so much time and energy into a project, should we expect someone to feel the same about the quilt that we do? An associate is unhappy that the quilt that she gave to a family member is not appreciated the way she felt it should be appreciated nor is it on display in their home. Who knows the reason the quilt was not displayed or being used but when she showed the quilt to us there was mixed responses. I for one loved the pattern and her quilting was wonderful but HATED the color combination but of course I would never tell her that, I mentioned the things about the quilt that I liked and congratulated her on completing the project. She is really upset over the lack of appreciative responses.

Two questions:

Would you tell someone if you didn't like their efforts (me no way)? And second, should we expect others to love our quilts just because we do?