View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 12:52 PM
kwiltkrazy

My Gramma died 11 years ago, and I received all of her quilting stuff. A lot of her stuff I couldn't use because of the poor quality(a bargain is a bargain) she also didn't care if the material was all cotton, so after going through everything, I probably ended up with 15 large totes. Then my mom passes 2 years ago, and received 25 large totes, material and laces and such, then the quilting pariphenalia . Then, when my older sister passed away in july, we had to get the appt. emptied out or pay her rent so everything was just stuck in bags and totes and put in sister's storage shed. So last weekend my younger sis and I decided to start going through it. I brought home 8 boxes of material one full box of Ufo's, and we're still not half way through it, we have a guest quarters behind our house(25X32) and it is 3/4 way full of sewing stuff. so I have my UFO's, Gram's UFO's, Mom's Ufo's and my sister Genine's UFO's. But, I must also say I have found some treasures in some of those UFO's. Found a quilt top made from tri-chem painted blocks that we made when my baby sister was 4 years old, she's now 46, it's beautiful, and all 4 of us girls have signed the blocks we made, what a treasure.

Last edited by kwiltkrazy; 09-13-2016 at 12:56 PM.