Old 09-14-2016, 06:24 PM
givio

I'd like to do that mountain pattern sometime. And I like the star one too. Nice job! The plaid quilts always look so manly. :-) My husband told me that men wear plaid shirts and women wear flowered blouses, so I never buy a plaid shirt for myself anymore. lol
After the pattern cutting, fussy cutting, tricky patterns, and little blocks of the FWS, I thought your idea looked fun. Something easy to cut, easy to sew, easy to measure... the sort of sewing that you can do while you are daydreaming, and then you look and see that you have a whole pile done and there aren't any mistakes to seam rip out...
SBG, is there some type of quick idea for sewing the triangles? I understand the quick way for sewing strips, then cutting the units for the corner 9-patches and the rail squares. I've got more than 100 of the 9-patches sewn. I thought I'd sew a star block to see how it looked. I guess I ought to think ahead for how I'm ironing, so the star block will nest with the rails block. Which way are you ironing the seams?
As you can see from my previous question about the finished size, I don't like doing math. Anne quickly figured the sizes of the pieces, and would have divided and multiplied to find out how many 9" blocks made how many inches to know the quilt size... I don't know how many WOF strips to cut and am too lazy to figure it out. My back got tired, so I quit cutting. Will try to cut some more tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails carolina-crossroad-1.jpg   carolina-crossroad-2.jpg   carolina-crossroad-3.jpg  

Last edited by givio; 09-14-2016 at 06:26 PM.