View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 06:44 AM
rryder

TkHooper,

Mine is probably more down and dirty than what you're working on, but in case it might help:

This is what I did. I stabilized each piece of fabric that was going to be a page, leaving about 3/4" to the left and right of the page for binding. I left space on each side since I'm not good at planning ahead and that way, whichever side the page ended up on would have enough room for binding. Then I stitched out the stitches, in my case I started at the top with a stitch at the default setting, stitched partway down, then changed the width and stitched some more, then changed the length and stitched some more. I did all the stitches on my machine. Each stitch had its own vertical column. When that was done I used wonder under to "glue" two pages together and then zigzagged around a piece of rattail I laid along the edges to stabilize and further secure them. That left me with pages that had a back and front.

Then I used the eyelet function on my machine along one side and made 3 eyelets spaced for binding. I punched out the fabric on the inside of the eyelets and did a Japanese stab binding with a thin leather cord.

Rob
Here are pics 1st shows the front with the binding cord, 2nd shows inside, 3rd shows back with binding cord:

<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
Attached Thumbnails img_0815.jpg   img_0816.jpg   img_0817.jpg