View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 03:31 PM
Quilter 65

Default What Say You All for my 4-Patch Posy???

This was not a hard pattern, but because of summer activities, etc., I haven't been able to finish quickly. Now I am ready to be DONE. Hence the question, what do I do now? I was determined to follow a pattern for once and not be too taxing on my non-mathematical brain. I bought the focus fabric sometime ago because I loved the vibrant colors and there was barely enough to make the 4-patches. Then I hunted down the coordinating fabrics. I don't have enough focus fabric to go around the borders per the pattern. I am short on the white by about 10 inches. I was thinking I needed a white border to "finish it off" and I actually do remember where I bought that. Do I call it good and bind it with striped fabric? To put stars in the corner, I would really be short on white because they should be set on point to go with the rest of the design. Could I get by making smaller stars or smaller squares? I really need a fresh set of eyes. It is 80 x 90 as it stands now. What say ye? Would it look dorky to leave as is because I don't have enough dark green to do even the binding. (I did change my mind about the coordinates and sometimes just bought enough home to audition.)[ATTACH=CONFIG]558343[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558344[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0525.jpg   img_0522.jpg  

Last edited by Quilter 65; 09-16-2016 at 03:33 PM.