Old 09-16-2016, 05:23 PM
givio

QNS! I got the box with fabric scraps today. Thank you so much!! I loved the yellow fabrics-- I sure can put those to use to brighten up what I sew. It's such a welcome addition to my dull colored stash.
The beige fabric with the cardinals will be just the ticket for the back of this quilt top I'm working on now. The stars are brown, and I'm using greens and beiges, plus I had already cut red bits I had for the alternating blocks. I was just looking last night through what I have that I could use for the back! What a treat that you sent it! Thank you, thank you!
I've got about half of the hourglass squares finished now. I've decided to change up the arrangement of color for the other block. I didn't like the large green and white checkerboard pattern that comes when sewing the two blocks together when I used only green and white for both blocks-- so I've switched to the scrappy 9-patch in the corners of the other block, and I'll use dark green 1" squares on the diagonal in the 9-patch. I sewed one of the alternating blocks to my star block to show you. Not a great picture, but you get the idea.
Thanks, Jeanie, I'll check out the updates for FWS. I've already cut the setting triangles, using my own measurement, but it's nice to add the notes to the book for future reference.
Attached Thumbnails carolina-crossroad-4.jpg