View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 05:55 AM
paintmejudy

Default Week 2

There has been discussion on the thread this past week about size of prints. Now you can see why I wanted you to choose small prints.

This week you will make HST blocks from B and D – 24 HST that will measure 2-1/2” square. When I went to edit the picture taken of my B and D fabrics, the picture had whisked away into nether space and cannot find it. So these pictures are from another mystery. I cut my strips at 3” wide to give myself a bit of wiggle room, and then trim after pressing. Or cut at 2-7/8” as the quilt police teaches.

After cutting WOF strips at 3” wide, one from each of B and D fabrics, sub-cut into a total of 12 squares of each color that measure 3” square.

On each wrong side of the lightest squares, mark stitching lines. I have a little tool that has a line down the center of a ½” strip of clear plastic. I place the line on the plastic, corner to corner, and mark a line on each side. Sew on each line. If you don’t have this, place a ruler corner to corner and draw a line. Sew a Ό” seam away from the line. Cut corner to corner between the sewn lines and press, making 24 HSTs. Trim as needed to measure 2-1/2” square.

You will be using B and D again.

From the C fabric, cut 24 pieces that measure 4-1/2” x 2-1/2” and set aside.
Attached Thumbnails week-2-.jpg   week-2b.jpg