View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Sounds like you definately met your soul mate! Nathan had to grow up fast when he met Jill. He had been staying with friends and had never had his own place so he had never taken responsibility for anyone but himself. He had to learn to consider the kids' needs but it didn't take long. I was very proud of him for becoming an instant dad and he has always been a hands on dad. But he would put the kids in timeout on their beds and then forget them! THey would be asleep when he went back to let them up. Ooops!

They have a good marriage with bumps along the way but they have a large family now. Jill's dad collects old cars and works on them. She is an afficianado of old cars too.But she and Nathan are into motorcycles more now. My DH used to be in a motorcycle gang when he was a teenager. He is disabled now but we have spent a lot of time looking in the cycle shops over the years!!

I am a mechanics daughter and a mechanic's wife. Glen can no longer work on cars due to his health but he still dreams of building a hot rod.