View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 05:23 AM
bkay

I've already taken it apart and found another block for that space. (I hope it's the only one, but decided to go back and check them all before moving forward.) Thanks for the offers, but I found one that will work. I had forgotten that I received my squares from another swap, so had lots of choices. I had to go out of town the day they arrived, so just put them in the "I spy" container without looking at them.

Next time, I'll take some photos of my quilt as I go. I've not taken any of this one yet. However, this is a photo of the quilt I'm making. (I'm making it for my nephew's son.) I wanted to make it the first time I saw it. My first quilt was similar to it, (not I spy, though) but I used the disappearing 9 patch method. For my first quilt, I'm pleased. My cutting/1/4" seams left something to be desired, so I could not use this layout. The squares were not even enough, so I turned them so you don't notice the unevenness. Also, pressing to the dark did not work all that well. In many places, the seams conflicted.

So, this time, I made a single square and sashed it. I could control all the direction of the seams, too. I really want this to work out well. My 1/4" seams are still not perfect, but improving.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

bkay

This is the pattern I'm using:
Attached Thumbnails i-spy.-quilt.jpg