View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 05:36 AM
LindaMRB

Default "Modern" quilt book quilt

My daughter chose this pattern from a "Modern" quilt book and originally picked colors I just did not feel I could work with.
When I asked her a year later if she really wanted me to do this one, she said, "I picked those colors?"
She was 14 or 15 then and now at 16 has different tastes. We painted and redecorated her bedroom (pale grey and icy blue with white trim, black accents and dark wood furniture) and this is what I finished this week. The colors actually do well in her room - the grey matches the one wall very closely...
I am not really happy about the backer, but was trying to come up with something to show more of the grey fabric like she wanted. If I do this correctly, the blue checkerboard should fall just below the pillows on the double bed, with lots of grey below.
I've asked her for suggestions on how to revise/add to the back and we'll see what she says. I hope I have enough fabric!

I'm sorry these photos are so fuzzy. Normally I do better but we could hardly even hold these up. Apologies for the white fan pulls at the top.
Attached Thumbnails front.jpg   back.jpg