View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 07:46 AM
quiltingbuddy

I just made 30 mug rugs 6x9" for the girls coming to an upcoming retreat we are having with our church. They go along with a workshop I'm doing and no way did they take 7 minutes. Not even close. I loved doing it because it will be a special and unexpected treat for the attendees. I used a bunch of my excess batting and pieced them then cut to size, did quilt as you go strips then layered them with designs that I sewed overtop and quilted down at the same time. I cut the backing larger enough to bring around and use as binding. They are adorable and I really enjoyed the process as it was the first time for me making mug rugs and I used up lots of small scraps of beautiful fabric that I had no idea what to do with otherwise. Would I do them for a venture such as yours though? Not in a million years. I guess I can't do stuff for profit because with the time it takes I can't see any way to make a profit. So if it's fun, go for it. If not and you won't make any money what is the point? Unless you just want to enhance your community with beautiful handwork. I say do what you love and leave the rest behind.