Old 01-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Lostn51
Banned

My story is really funny with me being a guy.

I found an old sewing machine in my house that I restored and live in now. It was a 1911 Singer 27 that was in rough condition but looked like it would work if I tinkered with it a bit. I found a treadle with another machine in it for parts and I played around with it until it sewed a nice stitch. That was the first time I ever used a sewing machine.

Needless to say the collecting bug bit and I started amassing machines and building a fairly nice collection. Then I thought that I needed to do something with them other than sitting around collecting dust so I decided I would try making a quilt.

I did not have any patterns nor instructions on how to make one I just got some material and started cutting and sewing. I made a nine patch and when by the time I finished it I had received my first quilting magazine and found out that I actually did it verbatim to how they described sandwiching, quilting, and binding.

I thought this is pretty neat and I think I want to make another one. It is the quilt in my avatar.

And as everyone here knows I only use a treadled machine

Billy