View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 04:52 AM
bkay

I would have had to use 1/8 inch seams (or less) to make that work. I've purchased quilts made in china previously that had narrow seams. When they were washed the seams gave out and you had holes. I liked the quilts, so I repaired them and they lasted a little longer. I wanted this quilt to last, so I fixed it so that, hopefully, it will stand up to washing. It's a play quilt for a 2 year old, so I'm sure it will get washed often.

I haven't had time to work on the quilt much since Friday. I found that other too small block on Sunday and replaced it. It seems like I may a few more to replace. Once you remove the block and measure it, it's not that far off. It's amazing how little mistakes are so magnified as you go.

I like the fusible interfacing idea. Since you have to remove the block to use the interfacing, in this instance it doesn't make sense to do it. Once you give up the idea that "that block" has to be chartreuse, fixing it is a snap. Just replace it with a block that isn't the same color as it's neighbors. However, on a quilt that had to have that block in that spot, it could be a life saver.

Thanks, Marlene for the link. That technique could come in handy in the future.

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 09-20-2016 at 05:03 AM.