View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 06:27 AM
mac

Originally Posted by Quilter 53 View Post
Mac, birthing method is when you stitch right sides together leaving an opening, turn inside out, and hand stitch the opening closed, tho' I have machined stitched it closed while top stitching around the whole project. Great information here, but I think I'll just keep to my "hobby" an not try to make it a business. Just me.
Thanks for the explanation. I have never heard it called that. Don't you just love it? I learn so much on this Quilting Board.

Re: Selling. I have sold crafts and sewn items in the past. I hardly made a profit back then and with the price of fabric and anything else to do with quilting being as expensive as it is -- I don't think I will be doing it anymore. What things I do make to sell is for a senior center that sells crafts to make money for the upkeep of the center. At least this way, I know I am not going to make a profit and that it is an act of love.

The part I used to really hate is when people would come and look at my items for sale, and they would turn to their friend and say (right in front of me) "Oh, I can make that and it would be so much cheaper." I always wanted to say, "I can hear you."