Thread: FREE QUILTS????
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 07:43 PM
tlrnhi

I agree with what everyone says.

I make quilts for other people out of the goodness of my heart. Before I left Hawaii, there were 4 people I worked with on the dinner cruise ship and I made them each a quilt. They didn't ask for it, but they knew I made them and were amazed at my handiwork. I did make one for a going away gift for another girl on board and she absolutely LOVED it. She cried and cried and everytime I get an e-mail from her, she tells me how much it has been keeping her warm. (she moved back to WA).
The other 4 that I made, those people were amazed that I made them. They had no clue they were getting them....I just showed up a couple days before I left and handed them out. I do have to make 1 more for another girl there, since I did feel bad she didn't get one. We weren't that close, but she did confide in me alot when she needed "mom" time. I was more or less the "MOM" to alot of the younger kids that worked onboard.

But anyway...
Just come right out and tell her what is on your mind. If you don't, then hurt feelings will/can happen. Explain to her WHY you made the quilt for her and WHY you have to charge for the ones for other people.