Old 01-30-2010, 08:40 PM
fireworkslover

MY Mom taught me to sew on her Singer treadle machine when I was so small, I couldn't reach the treadle with my feet, she did that part, with me sitting on her lap. As a child I made clothes for my dolls, then myself as I got older. My Mom and Dad always had some kind of project going on for somewhere in the house. I majored in Art in college and took many different studio classes, but was always drawn to anything with fibers. I liked weaving on a big loom, but that wasn't trully "it" for me. When my kids got old enough, where I wasn't needed so much, I started exploring this 'quilting thing' that was happening. I stopped by my LQS, found a pattern by Maple Island and bought a focus fabric and four other fabrics to go with it. The rest is more fabric, more patterns, books, more fabric. It hasn't stopped and probably won't. I like expressing myself with the Art quilts I make. I especially like the piecing process. There's a definite sense of accomplishment when you see what you've made. I also love the feel of the fabric between my fingers and the play of color between one fabric and the next.