Old 01-30-2010, 08:40 PM
mrsjdt

I'll just tell the "right now in our house". Besides the 3 cats ...Mr. Smith, Smitty for short; who came from the Smith farm, that was going to foreclosure, was the only kitten left alive when they locked the dogs in the barn, after the cows were gone, while the contents of the house were auctioned, leaving the cats and kittens no where to hide...we took him to doctor him back to health......13 years ago. CallaLilly, Callie for short, Little Miss Priss most of the time, found in a bag floating in a creek with her dead litter mates. We only took her till she could eat on her own. That was 10 years ago. And BlackJack, Jack for short, who was dropped here 3 years ago, and fed daily on our deck. Could not touch him!!! Last year we had a terrible snow storm (24" in one hour), and he disappeared. We thought he had been plowed under but, after clearing out the drive and the walks, heard a cat meow and he had gotten thru a hole in the skirting of our modular home and was stuck. We had to "bag him" to get him, locked him in the spare bathroom for 3 days with litter and food and after a month or so, updated his shots (he was already neutered and declawed) and have kept him inside where he belongs! And then, my trip to the Vet to update Callie's shots this past April ('09) to see 2 Chinese Crested with a couple who really didn't seem to care less for these dogs. I eavesdropped on their conversation and realized they were going to "put them down" because they couldn't housebreak them. I BOLDLY approached them, and asked if they would let me take them, with the good word from the Vet; they said that wasn't necessary and handed me their leashes, told the receptionist to give me their info, and walked out. I was the 5th family in 2 years....The dogs were PETRIFIED.. Sir Gaylord is now neutered and UTD on shots, Lady Godiva is UTD on shots but awaiting the needed funding for her spaying (I have about half). They have both come a long way....he is friendly, and calm. She's skittish and does not like men except for my DH...But that's OK for now. They are no longer food aggressive (their ribs showed when I got them) but remain food obsessive. BTW, they're housebroken..took me 8 days. Sleep under the covers at night and are the sweetest couch potatoes most of the day Sadly, they still don't know what "toys' are. But are sooo happy to see us when we get home and freely give kisses..they've found their castle I guess....

Lady Godiva
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66041[/ATTACH]

Sir Gaylord
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66042[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-66036.jpe   attachment-66037.jpe