Old 09-25-2016, 11:59 AM
Honchey

She forgot to bring the knitting needles so I just passed time visiting all the different vendors at the picnic.

All the communities around here are very crafty and charitable..A business woman that owns a Wig Boutique that is also a Hair Salon, does mani's & pedi's and deals with many Cancer Survivors and those still dealing with Chemo, etc visitied our Monday stitchers group knowing from others that we have knitters and crocheters within our group and asked us if we could help out making "knockers" for these women..The pattern for them will hopefully be emailed to me tonite so I can check it out..I will be getting the needles & yarn tomorrow..The yarn is donated by the woman who owns the Salon..There are different sizes for the "knockers" A, B, C, I don't know if there is a D size..
I like to pick up knitting every once in awhile..crochet too..more so when the cooler weather comes around..
When I was barely a teenager I knitted a pair of pink wool 2 needle socks that had cables all around.. I put them in the washer & dryer and they shrunk so small they fit my Mom's feet that were a size 5..they were so thick that she used them like slippers..She wore them until she died . 57 years worth.. Till today I cannot find that pattern..

You know Jeanie, you're right..I was thinking of Von's. It's the melon company that's located out west.

Last edited by Honchey; 09-25-2016 at 12:02 PM.