View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 05:32 PM
Altairss

So since items made with orphan blocks count as UFO's I realized I had one more that I could post that I finished on the 14th. I have been diligently cleaning and organizing my sewing room out for the last three months. I have been putting all UFO's together into bins with any fabric sorting my scraps and made a home for those orphan blocks. One of the first I found were some larger white and black four patches made with charm size squares. They stuck in my head as I had not made any black and white quilts. Along the way I found a big stack of left over charm squares and decided to sort by colorways. I noticed I had a bunch of them in the white and black the same as what was in the orphans. These were left over from a quilt that I had made some I had colors I had pulled as I didn't like them some extra. I guess at some point I started putting them into four patches but then just forgot about them?

Anyway I pulled all those charms I could find and was able to make a few more blocks but not enough for a very big quilt. I set them aside again and a month later found some of the white yardage and some red scraps and started to come up with something. then set it aside again. I had two weddings coming up and needed something for the second one and since it was a more formal wedding and the red I added from scrap formed little bow ties in the corners, I thought this worked perfect. I finished putting this together just in time for the wedding. So some orphans some new blocks made with left overs and I had a charming little couch quilt. Finished out about 60 by 60. All told this started last year in April and in fits and burst this summer become something new.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558931[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails webklair.jpg