View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 06:11 PM
NJ Quilter

I was fortunate and purchased mine for $45. I love it. It's not overly quiet. I oil as needed but don't use mine often so probably could use more oiling?? It does make a perfect stitch. I take mine when I'm traveling and plan to sew or to the odd class I might take. Otherwise I use my regular, computerized machine. Both have their values.

If it's in your budget - go for it. Personally, that is way more $$ than I am willing to spend on any vintage machine..but that's me. I'd hold out for the next deal that you recently lost. There will be another along at some point. I'll keep my eyes peeled here if you are willing to meet half way.

Make sure you put the word out to all those scrappers; yard salers; house cleaner-out-ers that you might come in contact with. That's how I got mine. Continue to check CL and freecycle. I picked up my FW table for a mere $15 from someone cleaning out their mom's assisted living apartment. It was a 45 min. drive for me but he was happy it was going to a good home.

The deals are out there if you are willing to be patient.