View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 02:57 PM
MarionsQuilts

some beautiful quilts, wall hangings and even costumes! Everyone has been so busy!

Ube, I'm so sorry you had to experience that. I still make a sarcastic come back, but then I smile at the end ... leaves the person confused!

I can't NOT just leave it - it drives me bonkers. I won't start a verbal argument or anything, but I will always say something back. Recently, I've started adding "bless your heart" which I've learned is a southern saying, so way up north it takes people by surprise LOL

I was never bullied as a child, but I have always been one of "those" who stands up to a bully, and helps the "underdog" doesn't matter the reason. If I see someone getting picked on, someone being bullied, I will step in. I've done it thousands of times, and will keep doing it.

At the end of the day, I truly believe that there are 3 types of people: bullies, assertive-types, and total introverts / shy / or afraid. I have come to realize in my many years of being the assertive type, that the second I stand up to a bully, they back off. I've also had other people come to my "aid" (for lack of a better word). For example, many years ago, I was walking downtown and a man was slapping his partner (wife / g/f??), yelling at her, calling her names. I looked around - there were a number of people, some watching, but no one was interfering. I walked right up to him and said "HEY" you want to pick on someone? Pick me.

He was STUNNED. He started to yell and scream at me, and I just stood there. About 20 seconds later, there's at least 10 people standing around me, backing me up, someone went over to the woman, and a minute or two later the police arrived.

Yeah, I got told not to do that again by the police, but you know what? I'd do it again. I'm sure I didn't solve her problems, but I probably stopped a really good beating, and I was happy with that.

So, in my book, you could say something kind of sarcastic, then smile, and say bless your heart LOL

And then go home and eat snickers!