Thread: Hot Pads
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 10:40 AM
osewme

Default Hot Pads

I love making these hot pads. My mother-in-law had some years & years ago & when I was first married I asked her how she made them. She described the frame/loom that she used & a cousin made one for me & she taught me how to make them. All of hers were made with white yarn but I started making my in colors. I get two different skeins of yarn & make one with one color & tie it off with the other color & then I make the other one in the color I tied the first one off with & tie it off with the other skein. So for these I made one in the solid teal & tied it off with the variegated yarn & then made the second one with the variegated yarn & tied it off with the teal yarn. I can't even begin to tell you how many I've made for wedding gifts. This is a set for my DD because she loves them. I included a picture of the frame/loom I use to make them on (it's over 50 years old now) made with plywood & finishing nails. When they are finished I cut them off the frame & comb the edges to make them fuzzy.
Attached Thumbnails hot-pads.jpg