Thread: Quilt magazines
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 05:46 PM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

Hi girls. I am so glad to hear other people have trouble getting rid of their book no matter how old. When you pay the full price for things they stay awhile for me. I have donated many books to the library and they sell them to help differ the operating costs of kid programs. I like helping them out. But, extra magazines go to the local assistance league. They support the local food bank for the needy (among other things) and it is a worthy cause. So, I try and also buy in the store or the senior sampler little store within the store that supports local seniors. Can you tell, I really like that place. They have asked me to volunteer there a couple of times, but, I hate having to go somewhere now that I am retired. I did that too many years. I did offer to take some of the clothing items home with me to repair them and bring them back. But, they wanted someone to come in for a certain amount of time a week.

I have always thought that if I didn't have this thrift shop to donate to, I would take them to the senior center or even to a laundry mat. I remember the days I went to a laundry mat and it would have been cool to find something like a quilt mag there to read.