View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 05:58 AM
rryder

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I may have one of those machines but the throat plate is trash and tears up thread and I haven't looked at the cam stack.
If you think you can get it out send it off and then get it back in and make it work, there is a guy over on Victoriansweatshop forum who might make a new camstack out of metal. His name is farmerjohn
Thanks Miriam. I have taken the cam stack out and put it back in just fine. I was wondering if it was possible to get one machined. The cracked cam is a two layer thick one and is separated from the others by a metal ring that is screwed in. The crack is right next to a screw so I'm thinking that the screw was overtightened. I will check with farmer john to see about either redoing the whole thing as a metal cam stack or if it's feasible just to do the cracked one.

Next question, does anyone have any experience with unsticking one of those button/ring style presser foot pressure controls? The manual says to press the outer ring and the inner button (which is the top of the presser foot bar) will spring up. You can then leave it like that for darning, or press it halfway down for sewing on lightweight fabrics, or all the way down for heavier fabrics. I've pressed it down, nothing. Then looked it over carefully and noted a little tab that looks like maybe it protrudes just a tiny bit from the outer ring, squeezed that, nothing, tried using my fingernail to push it in, nothing. Oil?????

Rob