View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 08:10 PM
SewingSew

So here is what I have done so far. And you will see a photo of the inner border (black polka-dot), and the outer border (the violet fabric). Regarding the outer border, I have posted the wrong side of the fabric and the right side of the fabric. I think I'm going to use the wrong side of the fabric. Tell me your opinions please.
Working on this was not without aggravation. It was intricate work and I can't tell you how many times I pressed the eyeballs with the iron, only to lift up the iron and find that they had disappeared into thin air. I made many extra pair because of this. The fusible did not want to stick to the back because they were so small, and I had to glue them down. The plan is to embroider black French knots in them which will be helpful in making sure they don't fall off. If anyone notices that one of my flowers is missing a center, I've already taken care of it.
So the next thing to do is transfer this to the yellow background fabric, then sew the inner and outer borders on. After that I have to make a quilt sandwich and topstitch around everything, then bind it together. Oh yeah, I suppose I'll have to add a sleeve since it is a wall hanging.
Tomorrow I have to can the last of our tomatoes, and then prepare to leave for Florida. I won't return until the middle of October, but I should have plenty of time to finish my wall-hanging before the deadline. How is everybody else doing?
Attached Thumbnails img_20161002_230841.jpg   img_20161002_231045_kindlephoto-2848412.jpg