View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 10:25 PM
Battle Axe

Default Cataloging my quilting library

I have recently moved my quilting things into a 2 bedroom apartment that is attached to the house. I've had to go through all my stuff: books, patterns, fabric, accuquilt dies, etc. I found 4 patterns that I had purchased twice but so far no duplicate books.

I'm using thelibrarything.com to make a list of the books. The first 200 are free and so far I'm up to 90 titles. This is very easy because you only have to type the title of the book. Go to the site and then click on "add book". Put in a tag such as applique, or color theory...what ever the book is about, then click on Search. You will get a list of books with that name with all the number of pages, the ISBN number, etc. Just click on that title and it goes into your list. It also tells you how many other members of the library thing have that title.

Now I just need to organize them on the shelf so I can find them. I hope this helps others. I mentioned this to someone else who was having trouble with it. I'm on Windows 7 with Internet Explorer.