View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 02:56 AM
miriam
Power Poster

If you go to a parts store ask for a "tractor steering wheel spinner knob". I've gotten them at NAPA and tractor supply. I got odd ones at other car parts stores and some of those fit better. You may find one on line. Some install on the spoked wheel better than others. I do not have pictures right now. I'm staying with 90 year old parents and do not have stuff like that over here. That said, on some machines you can drill a hole through the pillar and bolt (with a nut inside the pillar) the hand crank attachment. Not all machines will work for that. Some just won't line up either with the hand wheel and pillar or the hand wheel is the wrong depth. But who knows you might be lucky. Another possibility is to mount some kind of hand crank to a frame and seat the machine in the frame. It could be a motor or a hand crank mounted on a frame. It would have to be engineered just so to work on non Singer machines. I have a lot of decapitated machines... Who knows where the treadle bases went so I have had to give it a lot of thought.