Old 10-05-2016, 04:33 AM
Patricia Drew

Originally Posted by McGargantuette View Post
So I'm trying to get started quilting my big quilt sandwich on my new Juki (TL2000) using 1/2" (+/-) echo straight lines. But I see that's gonna be pretty hard for me, since the walking foot that comes with the machine doesn't have a seam guide option, and I'm not good at eye-balling it! I tried to make do by attaching another guide (from my Janome walking foot), but there's no workable way to attach it to this foot, even if I try to MacGyver it on with tape etc. Does anyone have a workaround?
It's really too bad that Juki doesn't have a walking foot with seam guide for this machine. I think that's about the only negative thing I have to say about it. I've used the blue painters tape. It's okay.

Interesting to note that on the newer HZL-DX7, the walking foot has the seam guide option. So maybe Juki are learning about what the "domestic" market wants. I exchanged emails with their Customer Service a few months back, and it seems that they are trying to catch up with the rapid expansion of their domestic market. Up until fairly recently, they had been mainly involved in the "industrial" market.