Thread: Laundry -
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 12:10 PM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
I have been thinking about trying to make my own laundry soap. Would you care to share your method/recipe?
my method is for a single batch one bar of Zote laundry soap shredded in food processor or grated with grater. Easier in food processor. I cut the bar lengthwise in three sections and push them through. This gives shreds. Then I put the other blade in and whir it around til it makes small balls. Then I add about a cup and a half of arm and hammer washing soda (not baking soda) and about a cup and a half of borax and whir it around in batches. It comes out looking like powdered laundry detergent. It makes NO suds and I use it in my HE machine. I usually make two batches. Use about 2 tbsp per load. For us it gets the laundry clean and fresh smelling. We don't do any kind of work which would make for a challenging laundry

i did make my own dryer balls with aluminum foil and wool roving. I saw it on line. Easy. They are permanently in the dryer. I don't use fabric softener. Haven't needed vinegar yet for our needs.