View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 08:05 PM
dunster
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I'm going to try and start this off. In my other thread, Battle Axe asked this question and no one responded: "I bought EQ7 and trying to learn to use it. I can't find a Bear Paw block. Can someone please help me?"

I opened my new program and went through the block lists for about 30 minutes tonight. Just looking, since when I typed in "bearpaw" and "bear paw", nothing came up in the search function of the program. I did remember that the basic block is a basic 9 patch block.

This is the path that I took:
Libraries
Block library
01 Classic pieced
Nine Patch
Maple leaf is close to the Bear paw foundational pattern.
I then edited the maple leaf block to remove the stem and puff it was a bear paw.

OK, I'm proving that I just bought the program and spent about a half hour with it. If you have a better solution for Battle Axe, please contribute.
Actually there is a bear's paw block in EQ7 - but it consists of 4 paws! In this case, and in many others where the name of the block can vary in spelling or punctuation, you can search just for one word in the block name. If you search just for 'paw' you will find bear's paw. But if you search for 'bear' you will find that one, plus a bunch of additional pieced or appliqued bears. If you search for 'bea' you will find the bears, plus some NY beauties. It often helps to broaden your search by putting in fewer letters.