Old 10-07-2016, 08:42 AM
Snooze2978

Default Any Viking Epic Owners out there? Need opinions please.

Dropped off my dependable Designer 1 at the shop for cleaning and took a peak at the Epic machine. WOW is it long but impressive. My shop is offering a class to get to know this machine and a very nice deal on a new machine including using a trade-in. Don't worry as I'll never trade in my baby......Designer 1. They told me that all the hoops will work with the Epic as well as the feet I already have but never use so that's a plus in itself. They did mention there are issues using the MegaHoop though which is minor to me so I'll be taking the class just to get a feel for the machine and decide whether I want to take out a mortgage for a new one. They sure have gone up in price since I bought my Designer1 back in 2000.

Any views on this machine will be greatly appreciated. Pros and cons. I have a Babylock Ellegante for embroidery and I talked with the Babylock dealer and though their Destiny II is less expensive they don't take trade-ins so basically the 2 machines would be about the same price at the bottom line.

Take care and thanks for any info.