Old 10-08-2016, 03:04 AM
Reba'squilts

I have not read the articles, I am a dedicated Viking owner. My epic is my 5 th one. I had designer, diamond and now epic. I have not had any problems. It does not seem to have any problems threading that I have noted. I like the way the bobbins wind on the outside. Yes, it is really big!!! Would not travel with it! I am racking my brain to find something I don't like but am coming up blank. I used a trade in for 5000 off last year. (My first 1972 Viking) so I paid 10000. Then I sold my Diamond and put that towards the cost. Free interest, will be paid for in 2 years....just like buying a car! I did buy the extended warranty, and will renew that when it is up, it is so computerized it is scary! Buy from a dealer who really knows the machine and is available to give lessons and help when you run across an issue. Mine has helped me through the years many times. I have never used the mega hoop, maybe someday, I understand you have to split the embroidery and do one side then the other. Never tried is so am not positive. I love this machine! I am lucky that she just fits in my Kangaroo table. They were able to order an insert so I can have a flat surface for quilting. Go and take the class, get to know it....have a glass of wine for lunch and run back and buy that baby!!! I also own a small brother embroider machine that works pretty good, so if I was really shopping around I might test drive their new big machine. Dream something or other. I did not because am so addicted to Vikings! Happy hunting!