Old 10-09-2016, 11:46 AM
vschieve

I bought the Epic in August during a Viking promotion. I had the Diamond Royale. The promotion was $4000 for your old Viking machine, the rolling tote retail $399, $2500 of free Viking Designs and free financing for 60 months. I did not do the free financing and got $5000 for my tradein. I did use the Mega Hoop on the Diamond couple of years ago, made a tabletopper in Embroidery Club. Using the Mega Hoop was not hard. I have not gotten to embroidering yet on the Epic, due to much going on in my life, but the sewing I have done on it has gotten me introduced to the machine. I went on Viking's website and printed out the Owner's Manual and put it in plastic sheet covers into a 3-ring binder, because I like to refer to "the book" when learning. Love the built in tutorials as well. The threading is all new compared to the Diamond but like any new machine, you get it down after a few times. What I really LOVE is that it is connected to our home WiFi, and through the "cloud" it does the machine updates automatically. No more loading update file to USB, and then plugging into machine, all though you can still do it manually if you choose. I loved my Diamond Royale, but in all honesty, I do not miss it one bit!

Last edited by vschieve; 10-09-2016 at 11:49 AM.