View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 01:40 PM
grandmaE

Cool Kim & Stephen's View on the World

This quilt was for my daughter and son-in-law. Kim loves roses, singing, harping for Hospice care and cancer patients. Stephen enjoys gaming expos, electronics, Lego sculpting, and the Peanuts comic strip, specifically Charlie Brown. Hence the disparity of the colors on the two halves of the quilt. Even with this disparity, I think it came out nicely. It also includes a paper-pieced Venetian chain border, my first attempt at paper piecing. I quilted the outside borders with harps for Kim and Charlie Brown for Stephen. The centers are attic windows framed by one-block wonders. The back shows some of the original fabrics. I designed this quilt myself from scratch with no patterns. I also made a matching pair of curtains.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559995[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]559996[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]559997[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]559998[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]559999[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]560000[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]560001[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]560002[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]560003[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails quilt.jpg   bcwindow.jpg   rosewindow1.jpg   cbcloseup.jpg   harpcloseup.jpg  

venetianchain.jpg   bcoriginalfabric.jpg   roseoriginalfabric.jpg   curtains.jpg