Thread: Clam scrap
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 03:11 PM
Rosyhf

Default Clam scrap

The hurricane Matthew is over with now. We lost power for two nights and a day and it wasn't too bad as the weather was cool. I had my camp stove and was able to make coffee lol and we had battery operated fans so all is will again.

I was going to start to work on my clam ladies. Hubby came in to get the garbage and I had a some little scraps in the garbage that were going. I changed my mind and decided to pick the scraps out of the garbage lol. I was going to try something. I got some old dryer sheets I had saved and used those for a foundation. I started to sew the little scraps on them but instead of sew and turn. I sewed right on top, so I was able to sew any shape and cut wereI needed to fit. I liked them so well, that I started to add the bigger scraps that I was saving and here are some of the blocks.

The first two are the tiny scraps that were in the garbage and on a single dryer sheet, the next three are on two dryer sheets sewed together. I just sewed willy nilly and then spray starched them and cut them square. I like this way of sewing lol. I am going to do a blanket stitch over the seam with gold or whatever later.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...k-t282291.html
Attached Thumbnails mulit.jpg   mulit2.jpg   mulit3.jpg   cat-block.jpg   cat-block2.jpg