Old 10-10-2016, 06:15 AM
Sewnoma

My sewing room is a mess, but I like it that way. I find clutter to be comforting - if my work space is too clean it makes me feel anxious - someone is DEFINITELY going to come and yell at me if I leave something out of place! But if I have my things out, I can relax and be creative and not worry about anything else. There is definitely such a thing as TOO cluttered, to be sure, but I'm most at home in a fairly messy space. My sewing room is in my living room, so I keep large things off the floor (no trip hazards) and don't let "stuff" pile up on my tables too much (I need to USE those tables!), but when I'm in the middle of a project or two (which is always) there are GOING to be stacks of fabrics and half-made blocks here and there, and random things clinging to my design wall, and probably a couple rulers and some paperwork layered in among the fabrics as well. Not to mention all the various little threads and trimmed-off corners that are usually scattered around on the floor in front of my cutting table. None of that bothers me in the least.

I am really good about keeping pins up off the floor, though. I'm always barefoot when I'm home, so if I drop a pin I do not leave until I find it. Otherwise I'm likely to find it in my foot, and that is NO fun!