Old 10-16-2016, 03:18 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I love working with wools and have made wool quilts. Yes, it behaves like flannel and yes you can use your Longarm to quilt it-- wool quilts beautifully. Prewash the wool just like you would flannel. My nephew's girlfriend made a quilt for her grandma that contained 100%wool fabric, flannel and regular cottons .it was a patchwork quilt and turned out ( much better than I thought it would) she had no issues. I generally use Hobbs or Dream wool batting and a flannel back on my wool quilts but have used regular cotton ( by request) . Wool is nothing to be afraid of-- just another fabulous fabric to put to use.
I just toss my wools into the washer, wash on a regular cycle with warm water & a small amount of detergent then toss into the dryer. Take out when just about dry ( don't over dry) then iron it the rest of the way dry. If it gets too dry & wrinkles are not coming out spritz with water. If small pieces I put them into a mesh bag to launder.
Wool fabric is nothing to be worried about. A great choice and ( to me- doesn't take any more time or work than any other quilting fabric)

if if you have any issues or more questions you can contact me. Wool is my favorite fiber.