Old 10-16-2016, 04:13 AM
onaemtnest

Hello Friend ~

After reading your post, I think I need pressure cooking suggestions from you!!!! Desserts in the pressure cooker? I've never tried desserts in a pressure cooker!

I've cooked nearly 50 years in first the stove top for about 45 of those years. Now I prefer the electric Instant Pot primarily because this model has the stainless steel inserts vs. non-stick.

What I LOVE about the electric is the 'set it and forget it' ease of use. My wonderful stove-top, I never felt I could leave without babysitting the pressure valve, in other words being where I could 'hear' the valve. With the electric it can be set and I can go outside to garden (pull weeds :0) or I can be in another room (sewing room :0) for extended periods without having to listen to the stove top pressure cooker. When the pressure cooking function is complete it then reverts to warming function. Yesterday I got 'lost' in my sewing room and 2 hours after the the pressure cooking was complete the pork roast was still at serving temperature just waiting to be served.

I ordered an extra stainless steel insert, so I'm able to take the meat insert out of the pressure cooker and replace with for example potatoes to have mashed potatoes in 15 minutes. Or for Thanksgiving making your mashed potatoes for the crowd and keeping them the perfect temp on the slow cooker mode.

I will never make hard boiled eggs any other way than in the pressure cooker! Who knew? Perfectly done eggs with no green around yolk. 8 minutes here at high altitude and even the freshest eggs the peels literally fall off the eggs!

Electric does everything the stove top does, as far as meats other than what has been mentioned so far, corned beef is out of this world.

Yes, indeed the list goes on and on... Give me a call and we can chat, quilts, pressure cookers and about our puppies and the list goes on and on! (((Hugs)))