Old 10-16-2016, 02:02 PM
mac

Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
Breaded Meat....it might be a sicilian thing. Beef tenderloin is the best. Flatten down (push down with your hand) slices of meat, dip in olive oil, then in seasoned bread crumbs (bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, dried oregano, garlic salt and pepper). Broil, turn over and broil the other side. It's a family favorite and really easy.
Oh my gosh, you just took me back to my childhood. That is the same recipe that my family made for years. I'm Italian, too. I always like this with mashed potatoes, oil and vinegar salad with tomatoes and lots of ketchup for the meat.

Here is another similar recipe from my family, peel potatoes and slice them in 1/8" - 1/4" slices, put into a heavy casserole dish that been sprayed with Pam or olive oil. Then they would bread the meat like you did, lay it on top of the potatoes, spread a can of tomato sauce on top of the meat, cover with a lid or aluminum foil (put down a piece of parchment paper on top of the casserole so that the tomato sauce doesn't come in contact with the aluminum foil) and bake in a 350 degree oven until the meat is done and potatoes are cooked, usually about an hour or so will do this.

Gosh, now that all of relatives have passed on, I am going to have to make some old-fashioned meals like this for a walk down memory lane.