View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 10:45 AM
Daylesewblessed

When I was looking for a heavy duty machine for my nephew before he and his wife completed their around-the-world sailboat trip (they needed the machine for mending sails), there was a person on the board who said she had a hand crank Pfaff 130 that she and her husband used when they were sailing in the Gulf of Mexico area several years ago. I do not know if she had adapted a motorized Pfaff 130 or not.

Now concerning Pfaff 130 motors. Last year the motor went out on my Pfaff 130. A repair shop found one in a catalog that was compatible and made overseas. It seemed like my only option. It is a smaller amperage, but I honestly cannot tell the difference. The 130 sewed fast before and after the replacement. If it sewed any faster than it does now, I wouldn't be able to control my sewing. Perhaps drapery workshops would notice the reduction, but I don't. The motor was compatible electronically, but not in the brackets to hold it onto the machine. In fact, the motor had to be turned 90 degrees. My husband was able to clamp it on satisfactorily, and it hasn't vibrated to a loosened position in over a year of almost daily use.

Congratulations on finding the 130 at such a great price!

Sorry I don't have any experience with the light other than replacing the bulb -- highly non-standard bulb, but available.