Old 10-17-2016, 04:27 PM
letawellman

Originally Posted by quilting cat View Post
I'm right there with you, Leta! Just setting up a new sewing room and have about 60 boxes of fabric I didn't get rid of before moving, sitting in the garage waiting to be unpacked into new cupboards and drawers that may only hold half that.
When I packed, I know two boxes are "solids", one is "3 yds and over", nearly all my 30's +/- reproduction prints are together, everything under a fat-eighth is considered "scraps" (some of which are bagged by color family).
FQ's are in shoe boxes, triangles and cut squares have their own places.....
Wish we lived closer, we could help each other out!
I wish we lived closer too, Quilting Cat! Bouncing some organizational ideas off each other would be loads of fun!! However, I don't think we could get much further apart and still be on the same continent!

Christine, thanks for the pic!! The CD/DVD unit sounds like a solid idea, I'll definitely haunt my area thrift stores looking for one!! I really like your letter sorter, though!! and it looks like you're hanging your rulers and such on the side! What a great idea!!

Diannia, I didn't know what a lawyers bookcase was, so I googled it... if I had some of those, they would be full of BOOKS!! (which is my other addiction!!)

Thank you everyone, so far this at least might get me started. From the sound of it though, I'm not the only one with this problem.